February 23, 2011

WPPI Tradeshow


For years I've read the recaps of the madness that is WPPI.  The classes, speakers, workshops, parties, and thousands of photos with high profile photographers.  I dreamed to get a chance to even be in the same city as WPPI.

A few week ago I read that Shoot Sac needed some volunteers to help set up their booth at the trade show at WPPI.  I mustered up the courage to email them with my availability and crossed my fingers.  The next thing I knew I received an email telling me the date and time they needed me and that I'd be getting into the trade show.  Whoo hoo! I got in and even better, got to volunteer for Jessica Claire's Shoot Sac!  And even meet her.  Very briefly mainly because I was so nervous!

I had a great time getting to meet the others who helped set up the booth on Sunday.  Then Sunday night I went to the fashion show hosted by none other than Nigel Barker! Yes, the hot Brit with a DSLR in hand.  Oh dear.  It was amazing.

On Monday I walked the trade show floor and it was just so over whelming with all of the vendors and products.

Next year it's on.  I'm getting full registration and attending classes and hitting the trade show again.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts on this post!