February 28, 2011

My Cup of Life

Now, I know that I've written before about how my mom and dad taught my sister and I to speak Spanish. What I haven't written about is how much I love my pop music en Español! I am an avid listener of Super Estrella 107.1fm  and yes, yes, even KLOVE 107.5fm.  I listen to these religiously and my favorite Pandora station is titled : Mi Musica.

Yes, I sing at the top of my lungs to Juanes, Shakira- but only in Spanish because in English I have no idea what those hips are saying, and my favorite, Ricky Martin.

I know what you're thinking, "Cup of Life guy? Seriously?"

Yes.  Seriously.  See that period behind seriously? I'm serious.  Before you shake your head at the screen and scrunch your nose in disbelief, here's the real kicker... Only when he sings in Spanish.  Something about this voice when those Spanish words roll out in perfect harmony I am smitten.  Like teen-age-poster-on-the-wall smitten.  And even more when he sings about love!

Talk about being a hopeless romantic, right? Geez.

So he totally filled my cup with life the other day while driving when I heard his new song come out perfectly titled "Lo Mejor De Mi Vida Eres Tu."  Or "The Best Thing in My Life is You".  Don't be swayed into listening to the English version, trust me.  The translation just isn't the same.  So if you're interested in getting the better translation, email me and I'll gladly send it to you :).

And feel free to sing along... or if you don't know Spanish, feel free to stare at his beautiful self as he belts it out.

(Featuring Natalia Jimenez from 5a Estacion - a very popular group from Spain )

Happy Monday!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts on this post!