January 7, 2009

Life in Review : Goals for 2009

Usually I leave my goals for my corkboard at home and every time I've accomplished one, I cross it out with a red pen, making sure I see that it has been completed. Last year, I learned about a system that helped me make my goals SMART.

S= Specific
M= Measureable
A= Attainable
R = Realistic
T= Timely

I learned that the more specific and realistic your goal is, the more attainable it is and usually gets accomplished sooner. My goals for 2009 are a combination of personal and business. I won't list them all here but here's a snippit:
  1. Shoot more with artificial lighting. Since I will be taking a studio photography class I want to maximize this area that I am not all familiar with.
  2. Become more business savy. Being a photo major this area is non-existent and I could use the information!
  3. Volunteer for a good cause. I've always wanted to do something to give back other than donating a $1.00 when I'm out shopping. So if you know of any good causes out there, let me know!
  4. Shoot for myself at least 2x a week. I have only picked up my camera in the last few months for sessions and haven't worked on any personal projects. This year I hope to change that.
  5. Get in shape! I have never been one to exercise but I would like to get in shape and be healthy.
What are your goals for 2009?

2 comments:

  1. those are some very good goals, especially the one about giving back. i know you will achieve whatever you set for yourself. You have always been one to achieve success. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow those are awesome goals! I'm with you on the get in shape one!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts on this post!