December 22, 2011

Merry Christmas!

As I close out my fourth year of blogging, yes, this little blog completed four years in October, I look back at how far I have come.  At how far my friends have come.  At how far my family has come.  And how everyone in my life has grown, changed, learned, failed, and kept moving forward.  Through the highs and lows that life often slaps us in the face with, we're still here.  Breathing and very much alive.  Through money troubles, houses lost, and days of darkness.  Through new beginnings, blessings in disguises, and new baby cousins.  It's been a whirlwind of a year.  And I am happy to say that I wouldn't have it any other way.

This year, I decided to make photography my official occupation.  It was a bold step towards a dream that had been getting bigger and bigger each day that passed.  Kind of like a balloon ready to burst.  But one of those really big ridiculous Disneyland type of balloons.  And finally, it bursted and let out all of it's confetti making my life colorful, joyous, and at times difficult.  Confetti is a pain to get out of your hair!  Metaphor (or is it an analogy?) aside, I made the leap.  Like many greats before me.  And, now there's no looking back.  

As I enter my fifth year, I hope to make many more leaps.  Take more risks.  Dream even bigger, and run wild.  After all, you don't get anywhere by sitting still :).  


Here's to eating homemade cookies, sipping champaign and making resolutions.  

Merry Christmas and May you all have a glorious and fruitful New Year.  From me, to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts on this post!