February 2, 2009

COMM 321: Assignment 1

Staying true to my blog promise, I am posting my first assignment. It's due tonight in class so we'll see how the critiques go!

Assignment details: To shoot an object in ambient light where the sunlight becomes a contributing attribute to the overall composition.

I didn't know what to shoot and then I saw these cool glass bottles in different colors in my mothers hobby workshop and thought, "That's kinda cool!" So...I tried many different things but came up with this:


I like it dark...it really shows the shadows depth and the yellow on the brick is cool too. I'll keep you posted on the critique and see how it goes!

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool!. What'd the teacher say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really cool. I had a similar shot of a bottle of olive oil.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts on this post!