December 21, 2008

The Familiar 18 Hour Bus Ride


Ever since I was little, and almost exactly two weeks after school got out on summer vacation, my sister and I would pack our belongings and get on a hot bus along with another 40 strange faces and set out on the 18 hour bus ride to Mexico. And every year we would cross the all too familiar desert in the middle of the night while our Walkmans drowned out the sounds of sleeping passengers.

Tomorrow, my sister and I will embark on that ever so familiar trip, only this time we have an iPod to keep us company :). Although I am not looking forward to the cramped seats, hot air, or strange faces, I am looking forward to seeing my family.

I will try to keep the blog as updated as possible during my vacation, so check back! I also wish everyone a great holiday and I hope you are surrounded by those you love the most :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts on this post!