September 4, 2012

Herick + Vanessa | Moon Palace, Mayan Riviera Destination Wedding

A month ago, I found myself waking up in what felt like a dream.  I was in my bed, after 10 days in Mexico.  Half asleep and half awake, suitcase at the foot of my bed, I remembered that only 5 days before, I watched my cousin get married.  

As a child, I spent my summers in Mexico with my grandparents and my uncle, aunt, and my three cousins.  We grew closer and closer with each visit.  So much that the 1000 miles that separated us was nothing more than a line on a map.  And no matter how much time passed, each time we walked through the door, it felt as if we had never been apart.  Growing closer and closer.  Rooting a relationship that can never waver and can never be broken.  

They began dating in high school. A sweet love emerged.  A love that grew deeper through the years as they matured, complimenting each other.  Becoming one another's other half.  

Herick + Vanessa planned their wedding in the beautiful Mayan Riviera.  It was a week of family, friends, and pure joy and happiness.  It was intimate, emotional, and full of love.    

I truly have no words to express how I felt that day, the whole week, and the days after.  What I do know is that I have never felt more honored to photograph a wedding as I was on their day.  It still all feels surreal.












My three beautiful cousins